If you are heading to London as a first time visitor, you’ll want to think about how you are going to travel from A to B when you’re there. Driving in London isn’t recommend as it’s a busy city with a lot of traffic, which is why most people choose to use public transport. London’s public transport system is vast and it covers all areas of London, even those that are a outside of the main city centre and away from the hustle and bustle. London’s buses, tubes and trains can take you to wherever you need to go. To make getting around London even easier, we’ve compiled a list of top tips.
Top Tips for Travelling Around London
- Download a Journey Planner App – There are a number of great journey planner applications that can make getting around London that little bit easier. If you’re staying at one of the hotels near Westbourne Terrace, all you need to do is enter your location into the map and you’ll find a variety of ways to get to wherever you want to go.
- Consider Peak and Off Peak Travel – If you are a first time visitor, you’ll probably want to get up early and make the most of the time that you have in the city. However, this could make getting around difficult. Travelling around London during peak travel is not only more expensive, but it’s also a lot busier than at other times of the day. To save yourself the worry of rush hour and stressed commuters, consider planning your day to travel when it’s quieter.
- Utilise Tubes, Buses and Walking – When you stay at the Park Grand London Lancaster Gate, you will benefit from being close by to a number of key stations and bus stops. As buses and the London Underground are two of the quickest and easiest ways to travel around the city, you should utilise these as much as possible. Plus, as a lot of hotels near Westbourne Terrace are only a short distance of popular tourist spots, walking is always an option.
- Research Family Travel Discounts – If you are staying at the Park Grand London Lancaster Gate as a family, you should check out public transport discounts. Getting around London can be expensive if you are paying for an entire family, but there are always family travel cards and discounts available to help cut the cost.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Ask for Help – Navigating your way around a new city isn’t always easy, but help is always available. If you are unsure of where to go or you are struggling to find the right London Underground platform, don’t be afraid to ask for help. Let’s face it, it’s better that walking around lost and hoping for the best.
London has a fantastic public transport system which means that getting around is relatively straightforward, even for a first time visitor. With a little bit of planning, it won’t be long before you know exactly where you’re going and how you’re getting there.